10 Questions Every Cyclist Must Answer
“I would love to cycle with professional cyclists who are podiumed with great results. I hope to be one of them.”
1. How did you pick up cycling? What keeps you motivated?
Cycling has always been my hobby, and I thought off-road cycling looked fun so I decided to pick up off-road cycling.
The support from my family keeps me motivated.
2. What to do or what not to do during a ride?
Do not consume too much cold beverages as it will lead to a bloated stomach. An uncomfortable stomach will affect your ride.
3. What’s your worst injury? How do you reduce your chances of crashing?
I’ve had minor injuries – rashes and bruises.
I will be more cautious when cycling downhill.
4. What has been your most memorable ride so far?
That would be my first cycling event at Tanjung Malim MTB Fest 2016.
5. How much of your salary goes into buying cycling products? Would you consider yourself a budget cyclist?
I have spent around RM3,000 in the past 6 months.
6. If price does not matter, what is your next cycling upgrade or escapade?
I would upgrade my wheelsets and fork.
I would participate in Shimano Burung Hantu event because I never cycle at night.
7. How do you train? What are your cycling strengths?
I cycle almost every day after school, each time around 20 to 30 kilometers.
My cycling strengths are both cycling uphill and downhill.
8. How do you optimise your nutrition, before, during and after your ride?
Before events, I will undergo a proper diet.
During ride, I will carry power gels.
After events, I will multiply my protein intake.
9. What can you say about ladies getting into cycling?
Impressive! Some female cyclists can perform better than male cyclists.
10. Who do you want to cycle with? What are the reasons?
I would love to cycle with professional cyclists who are podiumed with great results. I hope to be one of them.