VAM is the maximum expression of Factor’s design and manufacturing expertise. VAM stands for Velocita Ascensionale Media (Average Ascending Speed in Italian), a term that points to where Factor has put its target – minimum weight, maximum stiffness-to-weight, and unparalleled riding quality.
The VAM approach has been used to develop the new O2 frameset. With all the feedback and data collected since the launch of the original O2 three years ago, Factor has worked in a few specific areas:
– Optimized structure design to use the least material without stiffness or ride quality loss.
– Optimized carbon layup and more specific carbon material choice depending on the frame area and shape.
– Optimized carbon molding technology, using even more sophisticated internal mandrels for maximum surface smoothness and highest carbon compaction.
Along with the higher optimization on the structure design and manufacturing, the VAM introduces some other significant updates on the O2:
– Updated, race-tuned geometry.
– Revised cable routing path design and cable stops for easier installation and smoother function.
– Increased maximum tyre clearance, now up to 30mm wide.
– Rim brake version now uses Direct-Mount standard, for increased power and easier adjustments.
– Integrated carbon headset top-cover.
The O2 VAM introduces a totally new cable routing path and cable stops for mechanical shifting and brakes. Both the rim and disc brake versions are compatible with mechanical and electronic drivetrains.
The BB area is the core of the bike and for the VAM it has been redesigned and optimized in size and shape, with each size using a specific layup to maximize the stiffness and ride quality. The new stainless steel chainsuck plate protects the frame from scratches.
With the redesign of the O2 and some geometry updates, the frameset includes integrated carbon headset top-cover options, for a cleaner look and stem integration with different handlebar heights.
To keep the weight to a minimum, the VAM will be offered only in a Naked-UD Carbon finish.
Factor O2 VAM is available at Gin Huat Cycle Trading Sdn. Bhd
Contact number: +603-6038 3703