10 Questions Every Cyclist Must Answer
“It’s a powerful bike that suits my riding needs well. I love the red and black colour combination”
1. How did you pick up cycling? What keeps you motivated?
Six years ago, five friends influenced me to get into cycling. I was a basketball player, but after having suffered injuries, I switched to badminton which unfortunately turned out worse. Finally, I bought a used 26-inch bike and went to cycling events every weekend. Since then, I continued to cycle to release stress, but now, it’s more than that, I’m obssessed with it.
2. What to do or what not to do during a ride?
Be careful and pay attention to other cyclists around you to avoid accident.
3. What’s your worst injury? How do you reduce your chances of crashing?
I’m lucky enough to have not suffered from any major injury in the past. Also, I always bring my “Raja Kayu” and hang it on my bike during every ride. Apart from this, I always prepared and take precaution whatever the road condition is.
4. What has been your most memorable ride so far?
It was the LP MTB Carnival – Trail 4 U that took place last November 2013. It was really a hardcore event that I had to frequently come down and push my bike whether during a climb or descent.
5. How much of your salary goes into buying cycling products? Would you consider yourself a budget cyclist?
I am a moderate spender. I spend about RM500 per month minimum for wear and tear and the maintenance on my bike.
6. If price does not matter, what is your next cycling upgrade or escapade?
I want to ride a full suspension bike!
7. How do you train? What are your cycling strengths?
I cycle everyday on-road for about 30km distance with plenty of climbs.
8. How do you optimise your nutrition, before, during and after your ride?
One week before a race or event, I would increase my eating volume. I only avoid spicy food. After the ride, I also eat a lot for recovery.
9. What can you say about ladies getting into cycling?
I like to see more ladies riding. Riding along with ladies motivates me to cycle more and better.
10. Who do you want to cycle with? What are the reasons?
I like cycling with my teammates, for we can help each other out during trail rides.